The funding cycle for DCYF is mandated by the Children & Families First Initiative, which was approved by San Francisco voters in November of 2014.
Community Needs Assessment - Fiscal Year 2015-2016
DCYF's planning cycle starts with a comprehensive Community Needs Assessment (CNA) that will include an Equity Analysis. The Children & Youth Fund Oversight & Advisory Committee (OAC) must approve both the plan for the CNA and the final CNA document before it is released to the Board of Supervisors for final approval.
- October 2015 to May 2016: DCYF conducts Community Input Sessions, surveys, focus groups, literature reviews, and other data gathering exercises, and presents initial findings to OAC, DCYF grantees, City partners, and DCYF staff for input
- April 2016: DCYF will submit CNA plan to OAC for approval
- June 2016: DCYF will present CNA draft to OAC for feedback
- August 2016: DCYF will submit final CNA to OAC for approval
- October 2016: DCYF will release final OAC-approved CNA to Board of Supervisors
Services Allocation Plan - Fiscal Year 2016-2017
The second phase of DCYF's planning cycle is the Services Allocation Plan (SAP), which will be based on findings from the CNA and will guide DCYF's strategy over the next five years. The SAP may be amended in order to address emerging needs with the approval of the OAC and the Board of Supervisors.
- March 2017: First draft of SAP due to 12 Commissions, SFUSD, OAC and Service Provider Working Group
- April 2017: Final version of SAP due to OAC and Board of Supervisors
- May 2017: OAC approves SAP
- June 2017: Board of Supervisors reviews SAP
Request for Proposals - Fiscal Year 2017-2018
The Request for Proposals (RFP) will be issued in 2017, and grants will begin on July 1, 2018. Grants will be funded for a duration of five years. During subsequent years of the planning cycle, DCYF, with the approval of the OAC, may issue supplemental competitive solicitations to address amendments to the SAP and emerging needs.
- Summer 2017: RFP Issued
- July 1, 2018: Grants issued via the RFP begin
- July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2023: Term for grants issued via the RFP
If you have any questions regarding the DCYF Planning Cycle, please contact Emily Davis: Emily.Davis@dcyf.org or 415.554.8991.